- Get Involved
- Build Barn & Scene Shop
CCPA Build Barn & Scene Shop
Volunteer / Shop Hours
Our volunteers and designers construct nearly a dozen stage sets each season at the CCPA Build Barn. Much of that is possible thanks to the support of dedicated volunteers. Whether you want to volunteer one time, or weekly, you are welcome at the CCPA Build Barn!
Regular volunteer hours are Saturdays from 10:00 am to 1:00 PM.
- All volunteers must be at least 14 years old.
- Please wear close-toed shoes and clothes appropriate for shop work.
- You don't need to have experience in carpentry, painting, or construction to volunteer.
- Please be honest about your skill set! We want to set you up to be safe and successful.
- We recommend you bring a water bottle - our facilities are limited.
- All volunteers must check in at the front door when arriving, and check out when leaving.
The CCPA Build Barn is located at 702 East 2nd Ave in Coralville. To reach the build barn, drive along 1st Ave / Hayden Fry Way to the Arby's. Enter the Arby's parking lot, and you will see a gravel road leading down the hill. Take the gravel road and you will see the yellow build barn to your right.
Staff and Safety
The safety of our volunteers and staff is our highest priority. The Build Barn is supervised during all regular volunteer hours, and the staff member onsite is our CCPA Shop Assistant, Jacob Kilburg. We currently do not provide skills training in power tools. We have many projects that are suitable for volunteers without construction experience. Please check in with Jacob when you arrive to learn more about these opportunities.
Prop and Furniture Rental
Because of our busy producing schedule, the CCPA Build Barn does not rent out our inventory to individuals. We have sharing agreements with several local theatres.
Please contact Elizabeth Tracey with questions about the CCPA Build Barn, or call 319.248.9374.